LIFE’S CLOCK

 By: David Ale


A thought just crossed my mind,

If I could find the clock of life to rewind,

The jokes, the smile with family and friends surrounded,

No worries, no dates, till we grow narrow-minded.


Where everyday new ideas just popped,

Like all carried some sort of idea bag,

If I could go back in time now, I'll strap the bag,

And use them to avoid the lag,


That all of us are forced to face today,

In the rat-race of greed and strife,

'Cos it's only with time that you realize,

An idea can save your life.


I wish I could just go back in time,

And chill around with a peaceful mind,

Close my eyes, and breathe in calmness,

And run away from this unkind world.


But the strangest thing, true to all, good or bad,

Brave or not,

Remember the times; of hunger and laughter,

While sitting with friends over a smoking pot,

Back in time, when you were young and all you dreamt,

Is to find a clock, smile in to a mirror,

And skip to beautiful end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tragic Auto Crash Claims Life of Prominent Mass Communication Student at Osun State Polytechnic, Iree

OSPOLY Mgt Schedules Date for DPT Third Semester Examination, Urges Students To Pay School Fees

OSPOLY Mgt Directs DPT Students For Counselling, Warns Failure to Comply Attract Sanction