Ospoly: “I am confident that my hands are clean, I never committed any infraction either financially or through conduct.”~Odetayo

By: Boluwaji Daso


The suspended Rector of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree, Dr. Tajudeen Odetayo has declared his confidence of not committing any crimes, either monetarily or through conduct.


According to the Osun Defender, the suspended rector stated that he is not aware of any petitions or complaints made against him by anyone.


According to the report, Odetayo asserted that he was suspended without being informed in advance of the petition or charge.


“I was not aware of any petition or complaint against me. The only thing I saw was the suspension letter from the Ministry of Education. Nobody ever told me anything. I am confident that my hands are clean, I never committed any infraction either financially or through conduct. Osun Defender reports 


“I did not read any politics to my suspension. I don’t even think of it. I believe in God and I have faith in Him on the case. God is in control”, Odetayo stated. 


It would be recalled that Dr. Tajudeen Odetayo was suspended from his position as the institution's rector and Mr. Alabi was appointed as the institution's acting rector following allegations of corruption, financial theft, abuse of power, and other offenses.


However, the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP), iree chapter, protested against the state government's decision to suspend Dr. Tajudeen Odetayo on Tuesday in response to the suspension.


In an exclusive interview, Comrade Fatai Afolabi, the ASUP Chairman, Iree chapter expressed displeasure on behalf of  ASUP in what he classified as the strange suspension of the rector of the institution.


According to him, the suspension is an aberration as there is no committee that investigate or found the suspended rector guilty of the allegations. 


NEB had reported how the protest has led to the suspension of academic activities and the ongoing DPT exams in the institution in which the Students Union Government had met with government stakeholders to ensure the resumption of academic activities. 


The Students Union had reported that the concerned bodies would have a meeting on August 1, 2023, while academic activities are expected to begin before the end of next week. 


The Union further proposed to stage a massive protest if all bodies failed to resolve their issues and ensure resumption before deadline. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tragic Auto Crash Claims Life of Prominent Mass Communication Student at Osun State Polytechnic, Iree

OSPOLY Mgt Schedules Date for DPT Third Semester Examination, Urges Students To Pay School Fees

OSPOLY Mgt Directs DPT Students For Counselling, Warns Failure to Comply Attract Sanction